Thursday, December 23, 2010

Like Desmond and Molly Jones

Six years ago today, on January 1, 2005, Josh and I were married.
If you didn't see last year's post on our anniversary click here.

Below are a few of my favorite pictures from our wedding.

The chapel


Sweet bridesmaids


Handsome groomsmen and ushers


About to head down the aisle


Seeing each other for the first time


First glimpse on the wedding day


A few peaceful moments before the fun begins


Josh seeing the dress for the first time


Raines and Lockett families


Wedding party prayer before the ceremony


Happy at the reception


Mr. and Mrs. Lockett

Windy love

K-I-S-S-I-N-G


After placing Josh in a secure headlock and threatening severely We each made a list of things we've learned over the past six years of marriage.

Autumn's list
  • Boys shirts are great to sleep in
  • His eyes on a tiny baby are pure magic
  • Two people make 5X as many dirty dishes as one, and three people make 10X as many
  • Crappy, or awkward, or sad, or hurtful situations are 'doable' with my Josh
  • Since he likes the same kind of books I do, my book budget doubled
  • Never, ever, EVER smell test socks. Assume they are dirty. Just wash them.
  • It's okay to be a total dork, since I married someone just as dorky
  • Watching him love on Ms. Ava soaks in even quicker than him loving on me
  • He's so brave to slay the dragons in our life, like checking the bank account and opening scary bill mail
  • How to love and be loved in the highs and lows (of course, I'm still learning this one)
Josh's list:
  • I married someone with the best qualities of Mary Poppins, Julia Childs, Maria Montessori and Martha Stewart all rolled into one person.
  • IKEA wasn't lying, three people can life in less than 700 square feet
  • It's more fun to dream and plan for life with another person
  • Contrary to popular opinion, law school is easier married than single
  • Autumn can make mundane, everyday life extremely entertaining and exciting (like a trip to the storage facility-a.k.a. The Magical Land of Doors)
  • Autumn loves me so much, she made another smaller, cuter version of me
  • I'm not always right (I'm getting a second opinion on this though)
  • I am lucky to have married such an amazing woman

Here we are six years ago, on our way to the honeymoon.


"In a couple of years they have built a home sweet home,


with a 'couple' of kids running in the yard of Desmond and Molly Jones...


lala how the life goes on."


4 comments:

  1. Great post, as usual. Enjoyed reading Josh's list! You guys are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how wonderful! You made/still make a beautiful couple!

    ReplyDelete